The following guide is a troubleshooting guide for the AD connector for on-premise Active Directory Users only. When you receive an error message saying the domain status is Not Connected, please perform the following checks:
1) Verify that you are using the latest version of the AD Connector. The latest version of the AD Connector is available through the GateKeeper Hub (Log into the Hub > Click the Downloads tab > Under Software Add-Ons, click the AD Connector
2) Verify you are using the latest version of the GateKeeper Hub (on-premise Hub users only). If you're not using the latest version of the GateKeeper Hub. Please click the
3) Verify the GateKeeper Hub is communicating with the domain controller. (Log into the Hub > Click the Active Directory tab.) The status of the domain should show any of the following: Not connected, Read Only, or Read and Write:
4) Verify the variable inputs are correct and in the proper format?** is a required field.
- Hub Address**
- Secret Key**
- Base DN Base DN ensures GateKeeper only looks at a particular part of the AD or OU. This is not a required field.
- Username**: It is recommended to use a service account for the AD connector.
- Password**: It is recommended to use a service account for the AD connector and NOT allow the password to expire.
If you've verified all the above information is correct, please contact GateKeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form at https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email@example.com.
what to do if the