Start your GateKeeper Enterprise trial.
The GateKeeper Proximity Enterprise trial is available for any individual or organization that would like to experience the fastest login/logout workflow ever. To start your GateKeeper Proximity trial:
1. Go to the GateKeeper Proximity homepage.
2. Click Portal Login in the upper-right.
3. Click Create new account, or log in if you already have an account.
4. After you create your GateKeeper portal account, make sure to verify and activate your account by clicking the link in the confirmation email sent to the account's address.
5. Now that you have activated your account, a 15-day license is available in your account for 5 Users for the GateKeeper Ultimate subscription tier (GateKeeper Subscription tiers explained). Log into the GateKeeper Customer portal to begin the process. Use the following guide to Get started with GateKeeper Enterprise.
6. Next, you need to deploy the GateKeeper Hub admin console. Choose either to deploy the Hub on our cloud-hosted server or install the on-premise version on your own network. After completing the installation, you'll be prompted to create a GateKeeper Hub admin user profile. Create Hub administrator profile.
7. Now that you have created the GateKeeper Hub admin, please upload your 15-day trial license.
8. Log into your GateKeeper Hub admin console using your admin credentials. If you'd like to enable AD sync (What is AD management in GateKeeper?) during your trial, please use the following link to enable AD Management. However, it is not a required step and can be enabled at a later time.
9. Now that you can access your Hub, it's time to set up a GateKeeper user. Creating a GateKeeper user is required for accessing a GateKeeper enabled-computer using a token. The following knowledge base article will walk you through setting up a GateKeeper user.
If you're waiting on your GateKeeper equipment (tokens and USB sensors) to arrive in the mail, you can set up a user using the GateKeeper Trident app either on the iPhone or Android phone instead or in the meantime. Please use the links below to see how to download the Trident app. and the difference between the tokens.
10. It's time to set up the computers you want to unlock with a GateKeeper token. Every computer that you'd like to unlock with GateKeeper requires the Client application to be installed. There is no limit to the number of computers you can add. The application can be downloaded from the GateKeeper Hub Downloads tab or from your customer portal.
The GateKeeper Client software requires Bluetooth 4.0 enabled on the computer to communicate with the GateKeeper tokens. When the client software is installed, it will automatically check if a compatible Bluetooth sensor is installed. If there is no compatible internal Bluetooth sensor installed, a GateKeeper USB Proximity sensor is required. If no sensor is available, the Bluetooth counter on the Client dashboard will report a "0".
Installing the GateKeeper Client App
There are 3 options for installing the GateKeeper Client application.
- METHOD 1: DIRECT INSTALL
- METHOD 2: SILENT INSTALL
- METHOD 3: WINDOWS GROUP POLICY (GPO)
Please see the article, Methods for installing the GateKeeper Client application for step-by-step directions for installing the software.
11. Setting up the GateKeeper-enabled Computer. Plug-in the GateKeeper Proximity USB Sensor. If you have a Windows 10 computer, the USB proximity sensor is not required but recommended. Please read the following article for the difference between using the internal Bluetooth and USB Proximity Sensor.
12. Understanding and setting up Groups in GateKeeper. Groups are important for deciding which user will unlock which computer and with which unlock method. The default unlock option will be GateKeeper token + PIN. New computers and users added to the GateKeeper Hub will automatically appear in the Organization group. This will give users access to every computer in the group. A computer can only be in one group at a time. However, users can be in multiple groups at the same time.
For the purposes of the trial, all users can remain in the same Group. If you'd like to set up separate Groups for computers with different unlock options, please see the following knowledge articles.
13. Connect your GateKeeper token to the Client app, choose your unlock method, and adjust your locking and unlocking range. The default unlock method is GateKeeper token + PIN. Here is a list of the other Unlock options.
14. Adjusting the unlock and lock distance for the computer. The unlock and lock distance is set on the GateKeeper Client app. If you'd like the computer to lock sooner, move the LOCK BELOW THIS LEVEL slider further to the right. If you'd like the computer to unlock sooner, move the UNLOCK ABOVE THIS LEVEL slider to the left.
For a complete list of options for adjusting the lock and unlock range, please see the following knowledge base article.
15. Enabling the GateKeeper Password Manager. The GateKeeper Password manager is compatible with the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. The GateKeeper Password Manager extension can be download from the respective browsers extension store.
During the installation of the GateKeeper Client application, the Password Manager was installed on the Google Chrome web browser. Due to the Google Chrome setting, you'll need to enable the ext before using the password manager. Please see the article below for enabling the GateKeeper Chrome ext.
16. Adding your web and desktop application passwords to GateKeeper. Like most password managers, GateKeeper will ask you to save new credentials each time you log into a website. There are additional options:
- Adding web passwords from the Browser Extension
- Adding web passwords from the Client app
- Adding web passwords from the Hub
If you're using Google Chrome to store your passwords, please use the following for step-by-step directions on how to export and upload all of your passwords.
Now that you've set up the GateKeeper Password Manager and added passwords, the next time you visit a website GateKeeper will autofill the username and password.
17. Complete the GateKeeper Enterprise Training for Admins course. The GateKeeper Enterprise still has more to offer in terms of manager user access, auditing, and creating compliance reports. The person in charge of managing the GateKeeper Hub should complete the training course before the trial is completed. Here a preview of the topics covered in the GateKeeper Admin training.
Please use the following link to start the GateKeeper Hub admin course.
There 3 other training courses available to provide your team with valuable knowledge of how GateKeeper works and what to expect.
Introduction to GateKeeper Enterprise - Introduction to key aspects of the GateKeeper Proximity Authentication solution.
GateKeeper Enterprise for End Users - Introduction to GateKeeper for Enterprise end-users.
GateKeeper Client Software for Admins - Introduction to key aspects of the GateKeeper Client Application.
18. Done! When your trial expires, please follow the steps below for starting either a monthly or yearly GateKeeper Enterprise subscription.
Check out the GateKeeper demo or schedule your personal demo by contacting GateKeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org with a live team. A dedicated representative can show you how the GateKeeper proximity solution works, set up a trial, set up your configurations, and get you going!
Other helpful links for admins:
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
GateKeeper installation setup; how to set up gatekeeper installation; just bought a trial; just got the 45-day trial; what are the hub system requirements?; what do i need to install gatekeeper hub; requirements for installing gatekeeper hub; install gatekeeper on my network; GateKeeper Enterprise installation scheduling; contact GateKeeper Enterprise to schedule my installation; how to schedule my GateKeeper Enterprise installation; how to set up my installation for GateKeeper Enterprise for proximity authentication; 45 day trial; start a trial; test proximity login; set up gatekeeper trial;