Adding a new user to GateKeeper Enterprise.
New user setup for GateKeeper® Proximity. Every user on GateKeeper Enterprise is required to be licensed. When purchasing a GateKeeper Enterprise subscription, select the number of users you would like the license to be for. If you need to license more users, simply add more users to your license.
Untethered Labs will ship any purchased GateKeeper Halberd token and USB Bluetooth proximity sensors to the shipping address provided. To pair a token to the Gatekeeper Client application, please follow the steps below:
1. Insert the GateKeeper USB proximity Bluetooth sensors(s) in the front ports of the computer / in line of sight to your key (we recommend using USB extension cables and wire managers to position your sensors).
2. Insert the battery in the key fob (token) with the ‘+’ side facing up. If you would like to use your Android phone as your token, download the Android mobile app: GateKeeper Trident for free.
3. Touch your token to the USB Bluetooth proximity sensor (receiver) and leave it there for registration.
4.Download the appropriate software on your computer. Use the knowledge base article "Software for GateKeeper proximity login - Download." to choose the right software to download.
Open the GateKeeper Client desktop application and go to the New User tab.
5. Click Scan Token.
6. Confirm the serial number of your GateKeeper Proximity token you are registering.
The serial number will be located inside the GateKeeper Halberd token battery cover.
If you are using your phone as the token, the serial number will be in the Trident app on your phone.
To find the serial number, click the SERIAL NUMBER button in the app, and a pop-up window will appear displaying the serial number.
7. A pop-up will appear with the tokens in detected by the sensor.
Locate your token's serial number and select it by clicking the icon.
If your token does not appear, click the button as it may not have been picked up by the sensor yet.
8. The Token Address and Serial Number fields will auto-populate. Click Next to continue.
9. Select the Credential Type: DOMAIN or LOCAL.
(You can also click the button to create a GateKeeper user profile from Active Directory (AD) if you have an AD account.)
10. If you are using the DOMAIN option:
Fill in all the information fields.
If you do not know your username/domain of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
11. If you are using the LOCAL option:
Fill in all fields except for the Domain/Computer Name.
(This field will be grayed out)
If you do not know the Windows Username of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
12. Click Next to continue.
13. Create your own PIN or you can click .
Once you are satisfied with your token's PIN, click Next. Remember, the PIN is associated with the token - just like a PIN for a debit card.
(If you want to make any changes, you can go back to the previous steps.)
14. Once all the information is filled, click to finish the registration process.
15. A notification will pop up stating "The user was successfully registered."
Then the Connect User pop-up window will appear. Type in your PIN, click the button, and you are all set to use GateKeeper Proximity for faster unlocking and secure locking!
For enterprise, make sure that the new user is in the SAME Group as their computer that they need to access. To add a user to a computer via Groups, please read the following knowledge base article:
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
How to add a new user to GateKeeper?; Add a new employee; Add someone new to gatekeeper; New user; Register a new user; How to add a new gatekeeper account; How to buy a gatekeeper license; New user setup; Setup new user in GateKeeper; How do I add a new team member to my group?; adding new users; how to add new users; add a new user to GateKeeper; how to start adding users to GateKeeper; how to add user; add a user; add a new employee; add temporary user to GateKeeper;