A GateKeeper user can have multiple hardware or software tokens ("keys") added to their account. How many tokens they have is determined by their administrator. These tokens can be either the Gatekeeper Halberd hard tokens or your phone (GateKeeper Trident app). We highly recommend keeping two keys at any time in case you misplace one - most use their phone as a backup token. To add an extra token to a user profile, please follow the directions below.
1. You must be logged in with your GateKeeper. If you are currently not connected to the computer with your existing GateKeeper token, open the GateKeeper application, then click the Connect Token button on the Dashboard, and type in your PIN.
2. Once connected, click the Tokens tab on the left side.
3. This page displays all GateKeeper tokens currently associated with your user profile. Click the button on the lower right corner to add a new token.
*[Important] For GateKeeper Enterprise users, your computer must be connected to the GateKeeper Hub server, and your Hub administrator must allow the Client application to add new tokens for the computers in your group to enable this button.
4. Once the application starts scanning for nearby tokens, place your new token (or phone with Trident) as close as possible to the GateKeeper Bluetooth proximity USB sensor.
5. After the token has been found, click the icon to select it.
*[Important] For enterprise users, if the check mark is grayed out and cannot be clicked, that means the token is already registered to another user on your GateKeeper enterprise network.
6. Finally, create a PIN for your new token and click Save.
Once successfully added, the token will show up on the list of tokens under your user profile.
You can connect the new token to the computer by clicking Connect Token on the dashboard and typing in the new token's PIN.
If you are an individual GateKeeper user for home or sole proprietor use, please make sure you have at least 2 tokens (whether 2 Halberds or 1 Halberd and your phone). This is because if you lose your only GateKeeper, you cannot access your computer. Your extra token is your extra key - backup. BACKUP. BACKUP. BACKUP. When you buy or rent a car, it always comes with 2 keys. Same for homes. Now same for computers.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity login, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up a token
Set up a key fob
Add a new key fob
Add a new key to user