If you have Automatic Unlock set as your chosen Login Method, GateKeeper may have logged you in just before you arrived due to higher-than-normal frequency reception. There are two options to unlocking your computer when closer to your computer: choosing an alternative login method (press Touch Login, Enter key to login, PIN login) or to change the automatic unlock range setting.
Choosing a different Login Method.
1. Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing "GateKeeper".
2. Click Settings on the left.
3. You will see tabs for Lock Settings, Unlock Settings, Advanced Settings, and Server Settings.
Select Unlock Settings.
There are three other options, besides Automatic Login, and they are Press Enter Key to Login, Touch Login, and GateKeeper with PIN Login.
Login Option 1: Press Enter Key to Login. This option will unlock your computer when you press ENTER (return key) on the GateKeeper login screen while the GateKeeper token is close to your computer. Best when the computer is shared between multiple user accounts.
Login Option 2: Touch Login. This option will unlock your computer when you touch the GateKeeper token to the USB receiver attached to your computer. Just tap to log in. This is just like scanning a touchless NFC card.
Login Option 3: GateKeeper with PIN Login. This is the 2-factor authentication (2FA) method of unlocking your computer. You will be asked to type in your GateKeeper PIN (something you know) while the GateKeeper token is in close proximity to the computer (something you have). This is the most secure, bank-grade method of unlocking your computer with GateKeeper.
To change unlock settings centrally from the Hub, please use the article below:
How to make the computer auto-unlock when I get closer.
If you would like to login to your computer from closer range, please follow the directions below.
- Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing "GateKeeper".
- Move the Unlock dial right to decrease the unlock range (unlocks only when close). Now your computer will unlock slower when you approach. This will help prevent unintended logging in events. The default unlock setting is set to 70. Try moving the unlock notch to 80-85. This will slow down the unlock process.
If you would like to unlock a computer by touch, change the Proximity Lock Method.
Make sure your body or other objects are not blocking the path between your token and your USB sensor to ensure that the computer doesn't lock unintentionally.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding security, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GateKeeper unlocked; unlocked too early; unlocking too early; unlocking range too far; unlocking range too long; shorten unlock range; shorten login range; shorter login range setting;