To use 2-factor authentication (2-FA)/multi-factor authentication (MFA) with GateKeeper proximity tokens:
If you have not yet set up your GateKeeper proximity login for your computer, please follow the directions in the knowledge base article:
Please make sure you have your GateKeeper Client software installed on your computer and your token registered (GateKeeper Halberd key fob or GateKeeper Trident phone app) before setting up 2FA.
Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing "GateKeeper".
- Click Settings in the lower left corner.
- Under Unlock Method, select the option "GateKeeper with PIN Login" - all set!
Now you have 2 factor requirement enabled:
Factor 1: GateKeeper Key Fob Token
Something you have.
Factor 2: PIN (Personal Identification Number)
Something you know.
Set 2FA for multiple computers through the Hub admin console
All computers in the same Group will be subject to the same configurations for locking, unlocking, and password complexity.
1) Login to your GateKeeper Hub.
2) Click on Group Settings on the left side.
3) Find the Group you would like to make changes to and click "Manage Settings" to the right of the Group's name. If you wish to make your 2FA requirement global for all users on your network, click Organization.
4) Click the UNLOCK SETTINGS tab.
5) Next to Unlock Method, click the dropdown and select the option GateKeeper with PIN Login. Click Save Changes and you're done! Now users will require their first factor (GateKeeper token) and their second factor (type their PIN).
GateKeeper with PIN Login:
Requires the presence of a GateKeeper token and typing of a secret PIN to authenticate.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, or credential management, or HIPAA compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
2FA login; 2factor authentication for computers; PC 2FA login; 2FA proximity authentication; 2FA proximity login; 2FA Windows login; 2FA for windows PCs; 2FA for enterprise; 2FA for computers; 2 factor authentication for workstations; enterprise-grade 2FA for companies; IT admin 2FA; dual factor authentication; dual-factor authentication; 2step authentication; 2-step authentication; two-step authentication; 3fa; 4fa; 5fa; location-baed authentication; time-based authentication; possession-based authentication; inherent authentication; knowledge authentication; action authentication; 4 factor authentication; 5 factor authentication; advanced authentication; HIPAA product; IT Director HIPAA; CISO HIPAA; CSO HIPAA; IT Manager HIPAA; HIPAA IT; Information Technology HIPAA compliance; Network administrator HIPAA; technology for HIPAA; HIPAA solution; automatic HIPAA auditing; automatic HIPAA compliance authentication; HIPAA 2FA; HIPAA MFA; HIPAA enforcement; HIPAA automation technology solutions; what is 2FA; how to set up 2FA; setting up 2FA; setup 2FA; set up 2FA; how to use 2FA;