If your signal quality is low, even though your key fob is right next to your computer, this may be due to several factors including:
- In some cases, we find that older computers have more problems keeping up with GateKeeper.
- Your body is blocking the signal
- The token is not in line of sight with one of your USB Bluetooth sensors
- You are using only 1 USB Bluetooth sensor (it is recommended that you use 2 sensors)
1. Set your UNLOCK LEVEL lower.
1) Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing "GateKeeper".
2) From the Dashboard, move the blue UNLOCK LEVEL to a lower point. Now the GateKeeper will unlock sooner.
2. Re-position your USB Bluetooth Sensor.
Your Bluetooth USB sensor's placement will have the next biggest impact on how quickly it unlocks/locks. Placing your USB sensor higher and in line of sight to your GateKeeper token will allow your computer to unlock quicker as the signal will be received by the dongle quicker.
1) Insert a USB extension cable into your computer.
2) Insert the USB proximity sensor into the USB extension cable.
3) Use a wire manager clip to stick the USB sensor on to the side of your monitor.
For more information on positioning your USB proximity sensor dongles appropriately, please refer to the document "Proper use of your GateKeeper USB Extension Kit" and article "How to set up GateKeeper USB Bluetooth sensors?"
3. Use 2 USB Bluetooth Sensors.
The more Bluetooth sensor coverage your GateKeeper token has, the better the unlocking and locking reaction times. You want to have both coverage and line of sight by placing each of your two USB receivers in locations that your GateKeeper token will be near while you're working. For example, if you work while both sitting down and standing up, you would want 1 USB sensor on the monitor (for when you're standing) and a second USB sensor under the desk (for when you're sitting).
For more information, please refer to the article titled "How many Bluetooth USB sensors do I need to use GateKeeper?"
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
Low bluetooth signal; weak bluetooth signal; If your signal quality is low, even though your token is right next to your computer; signal is bad but the key is right here; bad signal with key right on top of computer; key is next to PC but signal is weak; key fob is on top of PC but the key's signal is weak; red signal strength even though keyfob token is nearby; key fob is close by but the computer's signal is weak;