Give Users Access to Computers
IT administrators can grant users permission to access computers on the network. For example, let's say Jenny is a clinical manager and requires access to multiple workstations during different shifts. If Computer A is in Group "Reception", and Computer B is Group "Room1", then user Jenny will need to be in both Groups. Jenny's user profile must be in each Group that each Computer is in that she needs access to.
If James only works on his desktop (named "James desktop") at his workstation, then create a new Group named "James workstation" and place both User James and Computer "James desktop" in that newly created Group. This way, only James has access to his computer and the computer can only be accessed by James.
To add a User or Users to an existing Computer, please follow the steps below. Please remember that a User MUST be in the same GROUP as the Computer in order for the person to have access to that computer.
1. Open Google Chrome/Firefox web browser.
2. Log in to the GateKeeper Hub.
3. Navigate to the Group Settings page from the menu on the left.
4. Click the desired Group that also has the Computer you want to add the user(s) to by clicking Select Users option.
5. Select the user(s) to add to the Group by clicking the check boxes next to their name(s).
6. Once you have finished selecting all the users, click "Save Users" to finish.
You can also make a new Group with only one User and one Computer if that person only uses that one computer, or vice versa.
You may be interested in checking out one of the following articles on users, computers, and groups in GateKeeper:
Permission to access PC; Permission to user for computer; Unlock permission for employee; Let users access computers; Workstation access permission; Computer access permission; permission-based authentication; permission authentication; authentication permission; give access to computer; computer access authorization; who can access this computer?;