Setting up GateKeeper Proximity on your Computer.
New workstation setup for GateKeeper proximity. To pair a token to the Gatekeeper application, please follow the steps below:
1. Insert the USB proximity Bluetooth sensors(s) in the front ports of the computer / in line of sight to your key (we recommend using USB extension cables and wire clip managers to position your sensors). If the USB sensor is not in line of sight with your token (or phone authenticator), then the signal will not be consistent, resulting in inconsistent lock/unlocking experience.
2. Insert the CR2450 3V lithium battery in the key with the ‘+’ side facing up.
Alternatively, you can also choose to use your Android phone as your key fob instead by downloading the free GateKeeper Trident app on the Google Play Store.
3. Touch the token to the USB proximity sensor (receiver) and leave it there during token registration. The USB will need to sync with the token at close range.
4. Download the appropriate software on your computer. Use the knowledge base article "Software for GateKeeper Proximity login - Download."
Open the GateKeeper Client desktop application and go to the New User tab.
5. Click Scan Token.
6. Confirm the serial number of your GateKeeper token you are registering.
The serial number will be located inside the GateKeeper Halberd token battery cover.
If you are using your phone as the token, the serial number will be in the Trident app on your phone. To find the serial number, click the SERIAL NUMBER button in the app, and a pop-up window will appear displaying the serial number.
7. A pop-up will appear with the tokens in detected by the USB proximity sensor.
Locate your token's serial number and select it by clicking the icon.
If your token does not appear, click the button as it may not have been picked up by the sensor yet. If you're using your phone as your proximity token, make sure your phone's Bluetooth is switched ON and that the GateKeeper Trident app is running.
8. The Token Address and Serial Number fields will auto-populate. Click Next to continue.
9. Select the Credential Type: DOMAIN or LOCAL.
(You can also click the button to create a GateKeeper user profile from Active Directory (AD) if you have an AD account.)
10. If you're using the DOMAIN option:
Fill in the information fields.
If you don't know the username/domain of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
11. If you're using the LOCAL option:
Fill in all fields except for the Domain/Computer Name.
(This field will be grayed out)
If you do not know the Windows Username of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
12. Click Next to continue.
13. Choose your token's unique PIN or you can click .
Once you are satisfied with your secret PIN, click Next.
(If you want to make any changes, you can go back to the previous steps.)
14. Once all the information is filled, click to finish the registration process.
15. A green notification will pop up stating "The user was successfully registered."
The Connect User pop-up window will appear. Type in your PIN, click the button, and you are all set to use GateKeeper Proximity for faster access!
For enterprise, make sure that the new user is in the SAME Group as their computer that they need to access. To add a user to a computer via Groups, please read the following knowledge base article:
Other helpful links for admins:
For any additional questions or concerns regarding GateKeeper™ proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.