Setting up your GateKeeper Token.
New user setup for GateKeeper proximity. To pair a token to the Gatekeeper application, please follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the GateKeeper™ Client software.
For GateKeeper Personal users (Individual User Mode):
Download the GateKeeper Retail Client application from https://gkaccess.com/downloads
For GateKeeper Enterprise users (Multi-User Mode with admin controls):
Download the GateKeeper Client application for enterprise from: https://portal.gkchain.com/software/client
2. Insert the USB proximity Bluetooth sensors(s) in the front ports of the computer / in line of sight to your key (we recommend using USB extension cables and wire managers to position your sensors).
3. Insert the battery (CR2450 3V lithium coin cell battery) in the key with the ‘+’ side facing up. If you would like to use your Android phone as your key fob, download the free GateKeeper Trident mobile app on the Google Play Store.
4. Touch the token to the USB proximity sensor (receiver) and leave it there for registration.
5. Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing "GateKeeper".
6. Click the New User tab.
7. Click Scan Token.
8. Confirm the serial number of your GateKeeper token you are registering.
The serial number will be located inside the GateKeeper Halberd token battery cover.
If you are using your phone as the token, the serial number will be in the Trident app on your phone.
To find the serial number, click the SERIAL NUMBER button in the app, and a pop-up window will appear displaying the serial number.
9. A pop-up will appear with the tokens in detected by the sensor.
Locate your token's serial number and select it by clicking the icon.
If your token does not appear, click the button as it may not have been picked up by the sensor yet.
10. The Token Address and Serial Number fields will auto-populate. Click Next to continue.
11. Select the Credential Type: DOMAIN or LOCAL.
You can also click the button to create a GateKeeper user profile from Active Directory (AD) if you have an AD account.
12. If you are using the DOMAIN option:
Fill in all the information fields.
If you do not know your username/domain of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
13. If you are using the LOCAL option:
Fill in all fields except for the Domain/Computer Name.
(This field will be grayed out)
If you do not know the Windows Username of your computer, please follow the instructions on this link.
14. Click Next to continue.
15. Create your own PIN or you can click .
Once you are satisfied with your secret PIN, click Next.
(If you want to make any changes, you can go back to the previous steps.)
16. Once all the information is filled, click to finish the registration process.
17. A green notification will pop up stating "The user was successfully registered."
The Connect User pop-up window will appear. Type in your PIN, click the button, and you are all set to use GateKeeper!
Other helpful links for IT admins setting up GateKeeper Enterprise for their organization:
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Add a new key for someone"; "Add new employee to gatekeeper"; "New user key fob"; "Register a new token"; "How to add a new gatekeeper token"; "How to buy a gatekeeper key fob"; "How to buy a gatekeeper token"; touch unlock; touchless unlock; unlock by touching; unlock by touch; how do i setup gatekeeper; setup 2FA using a token; how to set up 2FA with a token; how to use 2FA with your phone; use 2FA with my phone; use my phone for 2FA; use my phone for MFA; use my phone as a second factor; use my phone as second factor; list of tokens; list of hardware tokens; Two-Factor Authentication Methods; The best hardware security keys for two-factor authentication; getting started with GateKeeper; getting started GateKeeper; how to start, GateKeeper; get started guide to GateKeeper; approach authentication; setting up proximity authentication; setting up proximity login; battery type;