GateKeeper Password Vault explained.
The GateKeeper® Password Vault contains a user's saved account passwords, OTPs, addresses, credit card numbers, and other secure notes. The GateKeeper Password Manager is a browser extension (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) that works alongside the GateKeeper Client application to provide users access to their web passwords and other secure notes. The following are the key aspects of the browser extension.
- Users can securely save passwords, usernames, OTP codes, addresses, credit card/debit card numbers, and other secure notes.
- Users can securely share passwords, credit card numbers, and secure notes with other users without writing them on paper or insecurely emailing them.
- The extension provides access to web passwords ONLY IF the user has signed on to the computer using the GateKeeper token. If users do not login with their GateKeeper token, then web passwords, credit card numbers, and secure notes will not be accessible for security reasons.
- The GateKeeper Chrome extension does not store any passwords at any time. Passwords are requested from the encrypted GateKeeper Client application, only as needed.
To Add a Password, OTP, Credit Card Number, or other Secure Note to your Vault:
1. Make sure you logged into your computer with your GateKeeper token. If not, we must connect the GateKeeper Client application with your GateKeeper token before moving forward. If you are not currently connected, then click on the Connect User button on the application dashboard and type in your GateKeeper PIN to connect.
2. Click the GateKeeper Chrome or Firefox web extension icon.
3. In the dropdown, click + Add Password.
*[Important] For GateKeeper Enterprise users, the Client software application must also be connected to the admin's GateKeeper Hub server console. Also, the Hub administrator must allow users permission to add new passwords to their GateKeeper user profile.
4. Type in the website, username, and password values in the fields and click Save Password.
*[Important] To add web one-time passwords (OTP), you will need the secret or QR code that is used to generate the one-time password.
This will save the new password in your GateKeeper user's profile. For GateKeeper Enterprise users, this password will be auto-synchronized with your user profile on the GateKeeper Hub so you can use it anywhere on the network.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding GateKeeper™ password management, continuous 2FA OTP, security, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GateKeeper password vault; GateKeeper's Password Manager Vault; Password wallet; Password Vault online;