How to auto-launch websites on Chrome
Save lots of time. You can set your computer to open Chrome and launch any website you want at startup so you can skip having to manually click open everything such as your EHR, CRM, etc. Follow the steps below to save time by launching websites automatically.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click the menu icon in the upper-right (3 dots), then slick Settings.
3. On the left, at the bottom, click On startup.
4. Select the Open a specific page or set of pages option.
5. Click Add a new page option.
6. Copy and paste the URL of the site you want to auto-launch at startup, then click Add. Repeat this step for every site you want launched when Chrome opens.
7. Now click the Start button (Windows logo) and search for Google Chrome.
8. Right-click the Chrome application and then click "Open file location".
9. With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R.
10. Type shell:startup, then select OK. Then the Startup folder will open.
11. Copy and paste the shortcut to the application (Chrome) from the file location into the Startup folder.
Done! Now, Chrome will auto-launch at startup with your websites. Using the GateKeeper Proximity password manager, users will now be able to log in to their computer, and then the websites needed auto-launch to the correct URLs with your username and password pre-filled. This method of logging in saves more time than everyone manually opening Chrome, typing each URL, username, and password. If you have not done so, please add your passwords to your GateKeeper.
If you would like to also launch particular desktop applications at startup (e.g. EHR/EMR), please follow the directions in the link below to complete the process. Then, all your required websites and desktop applications will be open and waiting for you at login. Users no longer need to open applications, websites, and type usernames and passwords.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding security, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GateKeeper software applications; autolaunch websites; launch any website at startup; launch any website at login; how to launch a website automatically at login; how to launch a website automatically at startup; how to launch a website automatically at unlock; how to launch a site automatically at login; how to open a website automatically at login; how to open a website automatically at startup; chrome website auto-launch; auto-start websites; open sites automatically;