GateKeeper™ Proximity Continuous 2FA vs. One-Time 2FA.
GateKeeper Proximity 2FA has several advantages over other two-factor authentication products.
Other 2FA solutions require a lot of manual movements.
Proximity authentication happens automatically over the air, so there's no OTP to wait for and retype. GateKeeper also continues to authenticate even after logging in, making the system more secure without relying on human trust. No need to remember to log out when you leave. Users will always forget to lock computers inevitably. Log in and out faster than ever.
Benefits of proximity 2FA over conventional 2FA:
- Authentication takes too many steps
- Not shared PC-friendly
- Prone to human errors
- Reliability and security flaws
- Expensive and hard to maintain
- Reliant on people and timeouts
- Does not mean the PC will be locked by the user