How to auto-launch eClinicalWorks and login automatically on Chrome.
*After the recent eCW update v12.0.1, the autofill functions on the local application have been disabled. The application password manager icon option does not appear either. The eCW customer support team said the autofill option is only available when using the web browser
*The auto-fill function partially works when logging in through the web browser. The end user must manually enter the username, then the GateKeeper password manager will auto-fill the password.
You can set your computer to launch any website you want at startup so you can skip having to manually click open everything such as your eClinicalWorks EHR. Follow the steps below to save time by launching websites automatically.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click the menu icon in the upper-right (3 dots), then slick Settings.
3. On the left, click On startup.
4. Select the option Open a specific page or set of pages.
5. Then click Add a new page.
6. Copy and paste the eClinicalWorks URL you want to auto-launch at Chrome startup, then click Add. Repeat this step for every site you want launched when Chrome opens.
7. Click the Start button (Windows logo) and search for Google Chrome.
8. Right-click the Google Chrome application and click "Open file location".
9. With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R.
10. Type shell:startup, then select OK. The Startup folder will open.
11. Copy and paste the shortcut to the application you want to launch from the file location into the Startup folder.
Done! Now, Google Chrome will automatically launch at startup with your chosen websites. Using the GateKeeper Proximity password manager, end users will be able to login to their workstations and then the websites needed will auto-launch to the correct URLs with your username and password pre-filled. This method of logging in saves significantly more time than each user manually opening Chrome, typing each website URL, username, and password combination. If you have not already done so, please add your eClinicalWorks EHR password to your GateKeeper.
If you would like to also other launch particular desktop applications at startup (e.g. EHR/EMR), please follow the directions in the link below to complete the process. Then, all your required websites and desktop applications will be open and waiting for you at login. Users no longer need to open applications, websites, and type usernames and passwords.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding security, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
GateKeeper software applications; autolaunch websites; launch any website at startup; launch any website at login; how to launch a website automatically at login; how to launch a website automatically at startup; how to launch a website automatically at unlock; how to launch a site automatically at startup; how to open a website automatically at login; how to open a website automatically at startup; chrome website auto-launch; auto-start website URL; open sites automatically; ecw 2FA; ecw OTP login;