Enabling MFA for your Office 365 accounts is a two-step process: Enforcing MFA on the Office 365 account and saving the TOTP secret in GateKeeper.
Enable MFA for Microsoft Office 365 using GateKeeper TOTP
In order to enable MFA on your Microsoft accounts, you will need admin access to your Office 365 accounts. Please click here for details from Microsoft about implementing MFA.
1. Log in to your Microsoft 365 Admin Center as an administrator user, and navigate to the Admin panel.
2. Click the User tab then click the Active users tab.
3. Click the Multi-factor authentication button.
4. Click the Service Settings tab.
5. Under App Passwords, select Do not allow users to create app passwords to sign in to non-browser apps. You users will use the same user name and password to access all of their Microsoft resources.
6. Under Verification Options, select Verification code from mobile app or hardware token.
7. Click the Save button, then click the Users tab at the top.
8. Select a user. Under the Quick Steps section, click Enable then Enforce. Done!
How to register your GateKeeper TOTP with your office 365 account.
1. Log into your Office 365 Online account.
2. Open your Mircosoft Profile and click the button View account.
3. Click the My sign-ins tab > click the Security Info button.
4. Click the Add Method button.
5. Select Authenticator App and Add.
6. Select, I want to use a different authenticator app and click Next.
7. Click the Can't Scan image button to reveal the URL secret and save them in your GateKeeper Password Vault. Please click here for steps on adding the URL secret to GateKeeper.
8. Copy and Paste your TOTP code from your password manager and click Next. Done!
The next time you log into your Microsoft app or web account, you will be prompted for your TOTP code.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding GateKeeper™ continuous authentication, cybersecurity, proximity login, wireless computer locking, password management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
GateKeeper TOTP; time-based one-time password automatic login; autoOTP; how enable MFA on your PC