Syncing Computers with the GateKeeper Hub.
The GateKeeper Client application works alongside the GateKeeper Hub server application for enterprise users to synchronize all user data across the computers on the GateKeeper-enabled computers on your network.
In order to connect the GateKeeper Client application to the GateKeeper Hub server, follow the following steps.
Method 1: Manually assigning the GateKeeper Hub server IP address and port number.
Using GateKeeper Client app v3.12.28 and above
1. Log in to the local PC with your GateKeeper Hub token.
2. Open the GateKeeper Client application (search in Windows or click on the icon in the tray) and click the Action tab on the bottom.
3. Click the Settings button.
4. Click the Server tab.
5. Click the Edit button under Change Hub.
6. Under Server Address, type in the IP address or DNS name of the computer on which the GateKeeper Hub application has been installed. Make sure to include "https://" before the IP address.
7. Under Server Port, type in the port number on which the GateKeeper Hub server is running. The default port number is 443 for the Cloud Hub and 3015 for the On-premise Hub.
8. Click Save. Done!
Using GateKeeper Client app (v3.11.34 and below)
1. Open the GateKeeper Client application (search in Windows or click on icon in the tray) and click the Settings tab on the left side.
2. Click the Server Settings tab.
3. Enable "Change Hub Server Address" by clicking the switch to blue. This enables the text boxes for the IP address and port number for editing.
4. Type in the IP address or DNS name of the computer on which the GateKeeper Hub application has been installed. Make sure to include "https://" before the IP address.
5. Type in the port number on which the GateKeeper Hub server is running. The default port number is 443 for the Cloud Hub and3015 for the On-premise Hub.
If the GateKeeper Client application successfully found the server, then the server's Status will say CONNECTED in about 30 seconds.
Method 2: Assigning the GateKeeper Hub server address during installation.
1. During the installation of the GateKeeper Client application, you will be asked to enter the IP address and port number of the computer hosting the GateKeeper Hub server.
2. Uncheck the box "Automatically detect the GateKeeper Hub".
3. Type in the full IP address and port number of the computer hosting the GateKeeper Hub server. For example, if the server is running on 192.168.1.44 and port 3015, type: https://192.168.1.44:3015
4. Proceed with the installation process.
5. Once the installation is finished, click the Settings tab on the left side, and open the HUB SETTINGS section to verify that the server IP address and port number are listed correctly.
6. If the address is not listed correctly, restart your computer, open the application, and wait for 30 seconds until the server status says CONNECTED.
Method 3: Automatic detection of the GateKeeper Hub.
1. During the installation process, leave the checkbox labeled "Automatically detect GateKeeper Hub" checked. This will force the client to read UDP broadcasts from the GateKeeper Hub application and automatically add the IP address and port number.
*[Important] For automatic detection to work, the client computers must be on the same subnet as the GateKeeper Hub server, the Hub must be enabled to send out UDP broadcasts, and the client computer's firewall must be allowed to receive UDP broadcasts.
Method 4: Command line installation of GateKeeper Client.
1. If you are installing the GateKeeper Client application through the command line, you can also pass the GateKeeper Hub's server configuration as command line parameters.
2. For example, if the GateKeeper Hub server is on IP address 192.168.1.44 and port number 3015, the command line installation script should read as below:
msiexec /i GateKeeper-Client-Win.msi /qn SERVER_ADDR=https://192.168.1.44:3015
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
"How do I add a PC to the Hub?"; connect back to Hub; add new PC to Hub; reestablish hub connection; sync with hub; hub sync; client disconnected from hub; clients disconnecting from hub; hub disconnected; Running a command line script on individual computers; how to change the server address in the gatekeeper client; how to change the GateKeeper Client's server address; changing GateKeeper Hub's server URL Address; connecting client to hub software; point client to hub; point hub to client; connect hub to client; client-server communication; point client application to the hub; point client app to hub; connecting client app to cloud; connect client to cloud hub; connect computer to cloud; connect PC to cloud Hub; connect PC to Hub cloud; How do I connect the Client computer to the GateKeeper Hub admin console?; How do I connect the Client computer to the Hub admin console?;