Using the GateKeeper Automatic Range Setup Utility.
Each workstation will automatically calibrate range settings for lock and unlock at installation. Admins and users don't have to manually set the range for each computer, the GateKeeper Automatic Range Setup Utility will do this for every workstation. When a new user begins using their GateKeeper token on a computer, the GateKeeper will take each user through the Range Setup Utility - designed to automatically set the range of each computer's GateKeeper lock and unlock signal. Each workstation will automatically be calibrated at set up by each user. Users can also manually change their lock and unlock range after initial setup.
The following instructions explain how to set up your ideal unlock and lock ranges.
1. If the Range Setup Utility does not automatically start, open the GateKeeper Client desktop app. Launch the GateKeeper application from the Start Menu or by clicking the GateKeeper icon in the taskbar.
2. Launch the GateKeeper Range Utility from the GateKeeper Client App by clicking the Range Setup button.
3. Click the Start button to begin the process.
4. On the following screen, select the position and placement of where you're going to carry your GateKeeper Token. The recommended placement is to carry your token (Halberd) around your neck using the provided lanyard in the center of your chest. When done, please click Next.
5. On the following screen, select the placement and position of the GateKeeper USB Sensor. We recommend using at least 2 using GateKeeper sensors. The best placement for the USB sensors are on the monitor's side (location 1 or 2) and another underneath the desk (location 6, 7, or 8) nearest the user's pocket. When done, click Next.
6. The software will display the location of the token and USB sensor and automatically set the recommended settings accordingly.
7. Click the Save button to apply the new settings. Done!
There are additional options for tuning the unlock and lock range in GateKeeper. Please see the following knowledge base articles for additional details and instructions.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
optimal range settings; gatekeeper range setup; set range manually; how to change range; changing range; range change; adjust signal distance; distance level; switch distance levels;