RDP and GateKeeper Proximity.
Yes, if you log into the computer using the GateKeeper™, it will allow you to authenticate into Windows Remote Desktop Protocol session using your GateKeeper PIN.
Use your web passwords from anywhere with GateKeeper Remote for RDP.
GateKeeper Remote provides GateKeeper-authenticated access to Windows Remote Desktop services running on a Terminal Services environment. An additional requirement is that users connected to an RDP session should be provided access to their web credentials through the GateKeeper Password Vault browser extensions on Chrome and Firefox. This way, users can access all their remote applications and passwords no matter where they are.
Requirements for RDP:
- GateKeeper Client application installed on the local machine (Windows computer or Windows Thin Client)
- GateKeeper Hub server application is set up
- GateKeeper Remote Client application installed on the Windows RDP Server
- IP address or DNS name of the Windows RDP Server is fixed and known to all client computers
1. User logs on to their local machine using their GateKeeper™ token.
2. RDP session launches and logs user in using their GateKeeper token (either Halberd hard token or phone with Trident app).
3. Once logged in to the remote session, user launches a web browser.
4. Finally, the user types their PIN in the browser extension and then their credentials will be available. These credentials can then be passed through to the appropriate website by the browser extension.
Now, all passwords that are only available when on the network can be used through the RDP session as long as you have your GateKeeper key fob with you.
5. When done with the session, the user can simply walk away from the local computer to end both the local and remote sessions and securely remove access to the credentials.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding RDP, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
"Does GateKeeper work on RDP?"; RDP for GateKeeper; how to use RDP with GateKeeper; does RDP work with proximity token login?; does RDP work on GateKeeper proximity software authentication?; do remote sessions work on GateKeeper software?; RDP compatibility; compatibility with RDP and 2FA; does 2FA work on remote machines/remote computers/remote desktops?; does RDP work with 2FA?; 2 factor authentication with RDP; RDP 2FA login; computer remote lock; secure remote workers; securing remote workers; secure remote employees; securing remote employees; how to secure remote employees; how to secure remote workers; how to secure remote computers; how to secure remote PCs; how to secure a remote PC; how to secure a remote workstation; how to secure a workstation at employee's home; how to secure offsite computer; securing offsite computers; securing offsite workstations; securing offsite PCs; remote work securely; securely remote work; at home password manager; carry passwords securely; use passwords from anywhere securely;