GateKeeper Remote authentication for Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDP)
Use your web passwords from anywhere with GateKeeper Remote for RDP.
GateKeeper Remote provides GateKeeper-authenticated access to Windows Remote Desktop services running on a Terminal Services environment. An additional requirement is that users connected to an RDP session should be provided access to their web credentials through the GateKeeper Password Vault browser extensions on Chrome and Firefox. This way, users can access all their remote applications and passwords no matter where they are.
- GateKeeper Client application installed on the local machine (Windows computer or Windows Thin Client)
- GateKeeper Hub server application is installed on a server on the same network as the Windows Remote Desktop server
- GateKeeper Remote Client application installed on the Windows RDP Server
- IP address or DNS name of the Windows RDP Server is fixed and known to all client computers
1. User logs on to their local machine using their GateKeeper token.
2. RDP session launches and logs user in using their GateKeeper token (either Halberd hard token or phone with Trident app).
3. Once logged in to the remote session, user launches a web browser.
4. Finally, the user types their PIN in the browser extension and then their credentials will be available. These credentials can then be passed through to the appropriate website by the browser extension.
Now, all passwords that are only available when on the network can be used through the RDP session as long as you have your GateKeeper key fob with you.
5. When done with the session, the user can sign out of the browser extension, or simply disconnect the remote session, or walk away from the local computer to end both the local and remote sessions and remove access to the credentials.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GateKeeper Remote; GateKeeper authentication for RDP.; remote desktop gatekeeper proximity; login remote workers; remote workstation log in; remote workers computers; can remote users login to PC?; remoting into PC; remote in to computer; remote 2fa; remote mfa; computer remote lock; secure remote workers; securing remote workers; secure remote employees; securing remote employees; how to secure remote employees; how to secure remote workers; how to secure remote computers; how to secure remote PCs; how to secure a remote PC; how to secure a remote workstation; how to secure a workstation at employee's home; how to secure offsite computer; securing offsite computers; securing offsite workstations; securing offsite PCs; remote work securely; securely remote work; at home password manager; carry passwords securely; use passwords from anywhere securely;