To add a new username/password credential to an already existing GateKeeper user's account, please follow the steps below:
From the HUB APPLICATION: Adding new credentials through the GateKeeper Client application
1. Open Google Chrome/Firefox.
2. Log in to the GateKeeper Hub and navigate to the Users tab, click GateKeeper Users.
3. Select the user's account, scroll over to the Actions category, and click Manage. Navigate to the Credentials section and click the + Add Users button.
*You can also add credentials using the GateKeeper desktop application and the GateKeeper Chrome extension (web only).
4. Select the credential type (Web, Domain, Windows Local, or Mac Local), fill in the username, password, and domain manually or get it from the Active Directory by clicking Get User from AD. If you leave the password field blank, you can update it later from the lock screen on any computer your credential has access to.
5. Click Save Credential to add this credential. Now, any tokens associated with that GateKeeper user can be used to log in using this credential.
*IMPORTANT - If you want to add login credentials for a local account, fill in the computer name as the "Domain".
End users can also add credentials to their own user profiles from either the GateKeeper Chrome extension or the GateKeeper Client desktop application:
From the CHROME EXTENSION: Adding new Web or One-Time-Password type credentials through the GateKeeper Password Manager Chrome and Firefox web extensions
1. Make sure you are connected to the GateKeeper Client application with your GateKeeper token. If you are not currently connected, then click on the Connect User button on the application dashboard and type in your GateKeeper PIN to connect.
2. Click the GateKeeper Chrome or Firefox web extension icon to open it.
3. Click "Add Web Credential" button.
*[Important] For enterprise users, the client application must also be connected to the GateKeeper Hub server. Also, the Hub administrator must allow users permission to add new passwords to their GateKeeper user profile.
4. Type in the website, username, and password values in the appropriate fields and click Save.
*[Important] To add one-time-password (OTP) type credentials, you will need the secret or QR code that is used to generate the one-time-password.
This will save the new password credential in your GateKeeper user profile. For enterprise users, this credential will also be auto-synchronized with your user profile on the GateKeeper Hub server so you can use it anywhere on the network.
From the CLIENT APPLICATION: Adding new credentials through the GateKeeper Client application
1. You must be connect to your computer with your GateKeeper. If you are currently not connected to the computer with your existing GateKeeper token, open the GateKeeper application, then click the Connect Token on the Dashboard, and type your PIN to connect (log in with GateKeeper).
2. Click the Credentials tab in the upper left corner to open the Credentials Management page.
3. Click the button to bring up the Add Credential option.
*[Important] For enterprise users, the client application MUST also be connected to the GateKeeper Hub server. Also, the Hub Administrator must allow users permission to add credentials to their GateKeeper user profile (determined by your organization's administrator).
4. Choose the type of credential you want to add to your GateKeeper user profile. You can add Domain, Windows Local, Mac Local, Web, and One-Time-Password (OTP) type credentials.
5. Type the username, domain (website), and password values in the appropriate fields and click Save.
This will save the new credential in your GateKeeper user profile. For enterprise users, this credential will also be synchronized with your profile on the GateKeeper Hub server.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding passwords, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
GateKeeper passwords for users; Load new passwords; Share passwords with other users; Give user a password; Give user a credential; Give others passwords; Add new passwords to users; add password for user; do passwords sync?; copy passwords to new users; does gatekeeper work on websites; How to add passwords to a GateKeeper user's account.;