To use two-factor authentication (2FA) with GateKeeper proximity tokens, follow the directions below.
If you have not yet set up your GateKeeper proximity login for your computer, please follow the directions in the knowledge base article:
How to set up GateKeeper Proximity.
Please make sure you have your GateKeeper Client software installed on your computer and your token registered (GateKeeper Halberd key fob or GateKeeper Trident phone app) before setting up 2FA.
- Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing "GateKeeper".
- Click Settings in the lower left corner.
- Under Unlock Method, select the option "GateKeeper with PIN Login" - all set!
Now you can use your GateKeeper Halberd proximity key fob + your PIN to login.
Factor 1: GateKeeper Key Fob Token
Something you have.
Factor 2: PIN (Personal Identification Number)
Something you know.
Set 2FA for multiple computers through the Hub admin console
All computers in the same Group will be subject to the same configurations for locking, unlocking, and password complexity. If a user has 3 users and 5 computers, all 5 users will be subject to the same lock and unlock settings on those 3 computers in that Group. Remember, a computer can only be in one Group while users can be in many Groups.
1) Login to your GateKeeper Hub.
2) Click on Group Settings on the left side.
3) Find the Group containing the user(s) and computer(s) you would like to make changes to and click "Manage Settings" to the right of the Group's name. If you wish to make your 2FA requirement global for all users on your network, click Organization.
4) Click the UNLOCK SETTINGS tab.
5) Next to Unlock Method, click the dropdown and select the option GateKeeper with PIN Login. Click Save Changes and you're done! Now users will require their first factor (GateKeeper token) and their second factor (type PIN).
GateKeeper with PIN Login:
Requires the presence of a GateKeeper token and typing of a secret PIN to authenticate.
Case study: Hospital saves time while maintaining HIPAA compliance and can sees more patients using GateKeeper.
Case study: manufacturing facility automates access auditing for DFARS compliance using GateKeeper.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding 2FA proximity settings, computer locking, or credential management, or HIPAA compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2FA login; multifactor authentication for computers; PC MFA login; 2fa proximity authentication; 2fa proximity login; 2fa Windows login; 2fa for windows PCs; 2fa for enterprise; 2FA for computers; two-factor authentication for workstations; enterprise-grade 2fa for companies; IT admin 2fa; two-factor authentication for network; 2fa healthcare; medical 2fa; 2fa in healthcare; 3fa healthcare; 4fa authentication; dual authentication in healthcare; dental 2fa; fast 2fa; best 2fa for clinics; clinical 2fa; HIPAA enforcement; HIPAA automation technology solutions; How to use proximity to login; using proximity to login; use proximity to log in; proximity login - how to do; set up proximity login to your computer; set up proximity 2FA for your computer; proximity 2FA for PCs; multi-factor authentication software; two-factor authentication technology solutions; what is 2FA; how to set up 2FA; setting up 2FA; setup 2FA; set up 2FA; how to use 2FA;
Please sign in to leave a comment.