The following test will help a GateKeeper user identify if their GateKeeper Halberd token is functioning properly or not. If the token fails either of the tests, then it is not functioning and should be replaced.
To complete the tests, you will need the following:
The GateKeeper Client software installed
A registered GateKeeper User
A new CR2450 Battery
GateKeeper USB Sensor
Test 1: Power Check
1. Insert a new CR2450 battery into the Halberd token in case the current battery is low. If the token beeps, then it is powered on. Please skip the remaining steps and start Test 2.
2. If the token does not beep, then the token is no longer functioning properly. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you're eligible for a replacement. Done!
Test 2: Software test
GateKeeper Enterprise Users Software Test
If you're an GateKeeper Hub administrator testing another user's token, please follow the steps below.
1. As a GateKeeper Hub admin, enable token registration through the GateKeeper Client app from the Hub so that end users can register tokens from their desktops. Please the see knowledge base article enabling token registration through the Hub for step-by-step instructions.
2. Open the GateKeeper Client app.
3. If no user is connected, click Connect Token.
4. Enter the PIN for your token, then click Connect.
5. On the left side of the Client dashboard, click Tokens.
6. Insert a new CR2450 battery into the suspected faulty Halberd token.
7. Click the Add new GateKeeper token button. The software will scan for any nearby tokens.
8. On the list of Found GateKeeper Tokens, match the suspected faulty Halberd's serial number with the ones listed. If the suspected Halberd appears on the list, then the Halberd is functioning properly. Skip step 9 because you're done.
9. If the Halberd does not appear, please contact us at email@example.com to see if you're eligible for a replacement. Done!
GateKeeper Software Test for Personal Users (Free version)
The following test is for the single-user version of the software and will check if the token can be seen by the GateKeeper Client software. This test will require a GateKeeper USB sensor, Client software, and a registered GateKeeper user.
1. Insert a new CR2450 Battery into the Halberd token.
2. Place the token next to the USB sensor.
3. Open the GateKeeper Client app.
4. If no user is connected, click Connect Token.
5. Enter the PIN of the suspected faulty token, then click Connect.
6. If your token connects to the software, then you have a functioning Halberd token. Done! Skip the remaining steps.
7. If your token failed this test, it is not functioning properly. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you're eligible for a replacement.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
troubleshooting Halberd; how do I know if my token is working.; is gatekeeper broken; gatekeeper got wet; token got wet; token malfunctioning; test token; Troubleshooting the Halberd token; Troubleshoot the Halberd token.; Check if Halberd token is working or not.;