Creating a Group in GateKeeper Enterprise
A Group is how users are given access to computers. Groups can be based around user(s), computer(s), department, rooms - any dynamic grouping that organizations could need. If Jenny needs access to her desktop and laptop, then you would create a Group named "Jenny's computers" and place user Jenny and her two computers named "Jenny desktop" "Jenny - Laptop" in the Group.
To create a group that only allows certain users on certain computers, please follow the steps below :
1. Open Google Chrome/Firefox web browser.
2. Log in to the GateKeeper Hub.
3. Navigate to the Group Settings page.
4. Click + Add Group in the upper-right.
5. Create group name (i.e. "IT Admins", "NYC Team", "Contractors", "Nursing Staff") and click Next.
6. Select the computer(s) that will be in this Group (users in the same group will be allowed permission to log on to these computers) and click Next.
7. Select the user(s) that will be in the Group and have permission to log on to those computers. Click Next.
(Don't forget to add user(s) and computer(s) to the Group)
8. If you’d like to change settings for the Group, select Open Settings on Save.
9. Click Save Group.
- If you need to add more users to a Group, please follow the instructions on this link.
- If you need to add more computers to a Group, please follow the instructions on this link.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding proximity settings, computer locking, or credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add a new group in GateKeeper; New GateKeeper group; groups & settings; Group settings; Groups setting; Groups and settings; Group settings; How to create a new group in GateKeeper; How to group computers and users in GateKeeper; How does Groups work in GateKeeper?;