Thin Client Access with GateKeeper Proximity.
Yes. GateKeeper Client application authenticates users into thin clients running certain versions of Windows with the proper requirements. This process ONLY authenticates the user on the local thin client, and not on the remote desktop they would be launching from the thin client.
- Windows OS (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Embedded 7, and Windows Embedded 10)
- Ability to install software GateKeeper Client software on the thin client
- Ability to add USB CDC drivers to Windows Embedded thin clients (Link) to use with the GateKeeper USB sensor
- “Always logged in mode” for the thin clients MUST be disabled - GateKeeper logs the user into the thin client itself
- Microsoft .Net 4.6.1 be installed on the thin client (Download)
Adding USB CDC Drivers using package manager (pkgmgr.exe) or DISM:
- Get the winemb-inf-mdmcpq.cab file from the Windows Embedded DVD
- Alternatively download the winemb-inf-mdmcpq.cab file from this link
- Copy the file to the thin client
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges and run the command given below
pkgmgr /ip /m:winemb-inf-mdmcpq.cab
- Alternatively, use DISM to install the driver
dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\winemb-inf-mdmcpq.cab"
- This will add the USBSER.SYS file to the thin client
- Reboot the thin client
Launching RDP Sessions from Thin Clients:
Once a user is logged in to the thin client, the RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) session can be launched. GateKeeper will pass the connected user’s credentials to the remote server through the RDP’s credential user interface (CredUI). The user then types their GateKeeper PIN to log in to the remote computer.
WYSE Thin Clients can be purchased with Windows or non-Windows OS. WYSE thin clients that have Windows Embedded are supported. Wyse thin clients with ThinOS are not supported.
work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/wyse- 5470-mobile-thin-client/ ss5470mtc_win10_fg0008
For any additional questions or concerns regarding thin clients, RDP, Windows Remote Desktop Services, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GateKeeper for thin clients; remote workers computers; can remote users login to PC?; remoting into PC; remote in to computer; remote 2fa; remote mfa; thin client access; does GateKeeper work with thin clients?; does GateKeeper work with thin client computers?; does thin clients work with GateKeeper authentication software?; does thin clients work with proximity token login?; does thin clients on GateKeeper proximity software authentication?; do thin clients work on GateKeeper software?; thin client compatibility; compatibility with thin clients and 2FA; does 2FA work on thin clients?; do thin clients work with 2FA?; 2 factor authentication with thin clients; thin client 2FA login; computer remote lock; secure remote workers; securing remote workers; secure remote employees; securing remote employees; how to secure remote employees; how to secure remote workers; how to secure remote computers; how to secure remote PCs; how to secure a remote PC; how to secure a remote workstation; how to secure a workstation at employee's home; how to secure offsite computer; securing offsite computers; securing offsite workstations; securing offsite PCs; remote work securely; securely remote work; at home password manager; carry passwords securely; use passwords from anywhere securely; Windows embedded; Windows 7 Embedded; Windows 10 Embedded; 2fa on thin clients; thin client 2fa solutions; best thin client 2fa solution; mfa for thin client solution;
Please sign in to leave a comment.