By disabling the Windows Standard Login option, users can be forced to only use GateKeeper to login to computers.
GateKeeper can disable the standard login methods (username/password) for your computer. If you choose to Disable the default login method, then you can only access your computer with your GateKeeper.
Caution: If you forget your PIN or lose your GateKeeper, you will not be able to access your computer.
Windows Standard Login enables/disables the standard Windows login method (username/password) for your computer. If you choose to disable the default login method, then you can ONLY access your computer with your GateKeeper. Please keep in mind that if you forget your PIN or lose your GateKeeper key, you will not be able to access your computer.
To make GateKeeper the only login option and prevent using the Windows password, follow the directions below.
Disable Windows Login through Hub Server
All computers in the same Group will be subject to the same configurations for locking, unlocking, and password complexity. To change unlock settings for computers from the GateKeeper Hub server, please follow the directions below.
1) Login to your GateKeeper Hub.
2) Click on Group Settings on the left side.
3) Find the Group you would like to make changes to and click "Manage Settings" to the right of the Group's name.
4) Now you can edit lock settings, unlock settings, advanced settings, and limit the features end users have control over on their client computers. Click Unlock Settings.
5) In the dropdown menu next to Windows/macOS standard login, select Disable. Or select Set on Client Computer to allow end users to make their own decisions.
Disable Windows Login through Client desktop
After downloading and installing the GateKeeper Client desktop application:
1. Open your GateKeeper Client application on your PC.
2. Click Settings in the lower left.
3. You will see tabs for Lock Settings, Unlock Settings, Advanced Settings, and Server Settings. Select Unlock Settings.
4. Scroll down to Windows Standard Login. Select Disable.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding locking, logging off, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
Only GateKeeper login; no windows login; prevent passwords;