How to disable the Windows Login Option through the GateKeeper Hub.
GateKeeper can disable the standard login methods (username/password) for your computer. If you choose to Disable the default login method, then you can only access your computer with your GateKeeper.
Caution: If you forget your PIN or lose your GateKeeper token, you will not be able to access your computer. We recommend enabling our OTP back login before disabling the Windows Credential Provider.
Windows Standard Login enables/disables the standard Windows login method (username/password) for your computer. If you choose to disable the default login method, then you can ONLY access your computer with your GateKeeper. Please keep in mind that if you forget your PIN or lose your GateKeeper key, you will not be able to access your computer.
To make GateKeeper the only login option and prevent using the Windows password, follow the directions below.
All computers in the same Group will be subject to the same configurations for locking, unlocking, and password complexity. To change unlock settings for computers from the GateKeeper Hub server, please follow the directions below.
1) Log in to your GateKeeper Hub.
2) Click on Group Settings on the left side.
3) Find the Group you would like to make changes to and click "Manage Settings" to the right of the Group's name.
4) Now you can edit lock settings, unlock settings, advanced settings, and limit the features end users have control over on their client computers. Click Unlock Settings.
5) In the dropdown menu next to Windows/macOS standard login, select Disable.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding locking, logging off, proximity settings, computer locking, credential management, or compliance, please contact GateKeeper Enterprise support using the Support Ticket form on https://gkaccess.com/support/ or email email@example.com.
Only GateKeeper login; no windows login; prevent passwords; Prevent users from using Windows passwords on PCs; remove windows passwords from computer; alternative login methods; Prevent users from Windows passwords on computers; stop windows passwords;
Please sign in to leave a comment.